Women’s Ministries at Shawnee Hills Baptist Church exists to edify and encourage the women of our church and to create opportunities to evangelize women in our surrounding communities with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Please consider the opportunities included on this website. It is our prayer that you will be involved in at least one of them and that we will enjoy the blessings and fellowship of growing in Christ together.
Women’s Ministry Leadership Team:
Carolyn Culver firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Combs email@example.com
Emily Francisco firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle McCune email@example.com
Cheryl Sims firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministries available for Women:
Women to Women
- Widows Watchcare: This ministry exists to encourage widows by
- making a monthly phone call and/or sending a note
- making a personal visit every 2-3 months
- finding out if there are household needs (maintenance, repair, cleaning, etc.)
- finding out if there are transportation needs (to church, doctor appointments, etc.)
- finding other ways to show care and compassion
Direct questions to Emily Francisco (937.901.9582).
- Notes and Loaves: This ministry exists to welcome lady visitors to Shawnee Hills Baptist Church. Ladies participate by writing a note, baking a loaf of bread, or making a personal visit. Direct questions to Carolyn Culver (570.335.8954).
Sunday Bible Fellowship
This Adult Bible Fellowship is designed for women to encourage one another through studying God's Word, praying together, connecting with one another in meaningful ways, and providing avenues for outreach. All women college age and beyond are welcome, as well as women whose responsibilities allow them to attend only occasionally.
This semester, we will work through some of the Psalms to discover what they teach us about the attributes of God and how this impacts our relationship with God and with each other. We will also hear testimonies from some of our Shawnee Hills ladies to discover how they have experienced God's attributes in their own lives. Jody Combs, along with Katelyn Combs, will facilitate this ABF on Sunday mornings at 9:00.
This one-on-one discipleship ministry equips older women to embrace their God-given role to train younger women. The heartbeat of Titus Two is to encourage one another through Bible study, prayer, accountability, and friendship.
Please direct questions to the Titus Two Team: Susan Kohl, Connie McClure, Meredith Brauns.
S.I.S.: Sisters in Spirit
Sisters in Spirit is comprised of retirement age women who meet monthly for the purpose of fellowship (Romans 15:5-7), prayer (James 5:15-17) and encouragement (I Thessalonians 5:11-14). Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30pm.
Sunday Evening Study
Location varies and is determined one month in advance. Please watch the SHBC bulletin for monthly details and direct questions to Vicki Cox (937.244.5695). The next luncheon is Thursday, April 19 in the Shawnee Hills Baptist Church foyer.
This study is geared to teen girls and women of all ages, and it exists to provide corporate study of God’s Word and true fellowship through learning and discussion. Join us in a study of Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick as we examine how Christ transforms daily life.
Because God's love has the power to change lives, we should exhibit great transformation. So why do we so often struggle to exhibit God's love? We need to be rescued from our identity amnesia and pointed to our true identity as God's beloved children-adopted by the Father, united with the Son, and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Do you think fondly of Jesus, thank Him for salvation, and remember His name when you pray, but fail to see His work and life as something to contemplate every moment of every day? In your pursuit of godliness, have you left Jesus behind?
MUMS: Mothers Uplifting Mothers
- Step 1 and Step 2: Thess 26-week courses encompass the basic truths of scripture and are geared toward discipleship and accountability of each believer who uses it, no matter her spiritual age or maturity. It is conducted through various small groups with weekly sharing of praise, blessing, accountability, prayer, and Bible study. If you are interested in being part of a weekly study, please contact Carolyn Culver (570.355.8954).
MUMs exists to provide fellowship and encouragement to mothers and children of all ages. This group meets in a home once a month for playgroup the 3rd Thursday of the month at 10am and the Tuesday after that for Mom's Night Out without children to rejuvenate and relax with one another.
ALL moms are invited to our events! Whether you have children still in the home or not, we can always be learning from each other. We hope you will consider joining us this year! Please contact Michelle McCune at email@example.com
with any questions or if you would like to join our Facebook group for current updates, etc.
Questions? Call 675-4121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the church office.
Host: Staci Pickens, 56 Nelson St., Jamestown